Overlord Broadcast #1
Dear Conspiracy Theorist NRIs,
The Indian Electronic Voting Machines are different from American EVMs in many, many ways. It is my sincere hope that you’ll keep that in mind in future and refrain from making statements to the effect of “OMG, they are both electronic and hence both can be hacked” or “OMG, the party I support in internet forums has lost, so the electronic voting machines must have been hacked – just like in the USA, where I live”.
Regardless of whether the Indian EVMs were, or can be, hacked, there are no relevant parallels between the two situations.
Seriously, it is fucking irritating.
- Election Commission of India – FAQ on EVMs
- Slate – India has electronic voting; why can’t the US?
- Bharat Electronics Ltd. – Product Brochures (including some techninal details)
- Rediff article on EVMs in 1999 (BJP’s highest-ever seat tally came in that election)
- Scribd – Prof. Indiresan Committee’s Report on Technical Evaluation of EVMs